Instructor Support Update – 1st July
DVSA Car Driving Testing Safety Procedures
The DVSA has forwarded on their Standard Operating Procedure Document for Coronavirus (COVID-19): Conducting Driving Tests (Car).
This document outlines the procedures all parties should follow in conducting a driving test.
Here is a hosted link to the full document: DVSA COVID-19 Conducting Driving Tests (Car)
– Extra time will be made for each test; To allow the examiner to take all additional precautions extra time will be made for each test.
– Waiting rooms will remain closed until further notice; candidates will not be able to use the facilities at the test centre.
– Meeting and greeting will now take place in the car park. For DTCs without car parks, the meet and greet will take place at the usual parking area the candidates use.
– Candidates must wear a face covering, unless there are exceptional circumstances, which must have been pre-notified and agreed.
– ADI’s / accompanying drivers will not be able to accompany the test.
– The examiner must be satisfied the vehicle has been recently cleaned.
– Exception to conducting a test as normal; Where a candidate fails the test either by committing a serious or dangerous fault or by making 16 driving faults the candidate will immediately return back to the test centre and not carry out any additional test requirements.
Here is a pupil-facing blog post to the summary for you to share with your test-ready pupils – Post-lockdown DVSA Practical Driving Test Changes
Driving Tests in Scotland and Wales
The DVSA has also today published updates on theory and practical driving tests in Scotland and Wales. Please find below the direct links to these guidance notes:
– DVSA Coronavirus: theory tests (Scotland and Wales) – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-theory-tests-scotland-and-wales
– DVSA Coronavirus: driving tests (Scotland and Wales) –
As ever, we are here for you, please contact your Relationship Manager in the Instructor Support Team on 01765 643374 should you need any assistance.
We continue to do all we can to support our Instructors, Trainers, Trainees, Staff and Pupils.
Head of Instructor Support