Bill Plant Driving School’s fuel efficient Eco-Driving training is based on the latest findings and research into the technical and behavioural techniques associated with reducing fuel consumption.
There are many smart and safe ways drivers can significantly reduce their fuel costs; one of the best means to learn these techniques is to participate in a one hour Eco-Driving Driver Training Course. All training is given by suitably qualified driving instructors. These courses have a proven track record of helping to achieve considerable savings. Bill Plant Driving School has been appointed by the Energy Saving Trust to carry out this training programme on their behalf.
The Subsidised Eco-Driving Training scheme benefits from a grant via the Department for Transport and will run until 31 March 2018. There are 8,500 drivers training places available during the current financial year.
The key benefits of Eco-Driving include:
- 15% reduction in fuel consumption
- 15% reduction in CO2 emissions
The scheme is open to drivers of cars and vans (not exceeding 3,500kg) with either a manual or automatic transmission. It is also open to private individuals. Each training session is £20 (incl subsidy) plus vat and lasts 1 hour. The training course costs are all tax deductible.
- The Scheme only operates in England
- Training must take place in England
Golden rules to save fuel:
- Anticipate Traffic Flow
- Maintain a steady speed at low RPM
- Change gear early
- Check tyre pressures frequently – at least once a month
- Remove roof racks when not in use
- Drive at an appropriate speed and within the speed limit
- Remove any unecessary clutter from the vehicle
Fill in the form to receive more information about Eco-Driving or call our dedicated Fleet Management Team on 01765 645020.
We look forward to hearing from you.