Your driving instructor will ask that you sign a copy of the Terms & Conditions form. This can be found on the inside cover of the last page of your Pupil Handbook. Signing the Terms & Conditions form shows agreement and understanding of the terms and conditions entailed in taking driving lessons with your Bill Plant Driving School Driving Instructor.
Please note that you may be offered the opportunity to pay for your driving lessons over the phone; if you do pay over the phone your credit/debit card details will not be kept by our Bookings Team as these will be used to take the single payment and will not be stored in any way whatsoever.
The Pupil should be aware that all Bill Plant instructors are franchisees of the company. Bill Plant Driving School Ltd. takes no responsibility for any payments made by the pupil directly to the instructor, as these monies are not paid to Bill Plant Driving School Ltd.
- Pupils who have not had previous lessons with a Bill Plant driving instructor are entitled to the first hour free as a no obligation trial lesson. If as a pupil you hold a full driving license or have had your license revoked you are not entitled to the first free hour.
- The pupil certifies that a valid suitable licence is held to drive the tuition vehicle. Pupils must inform their instructor immediately if they receive any endorsements on their licence during the period they are receiving tuition.
- In the event of mechanical breakdown or other difficulty outside the control of the instructor, the instructor reserves the right to rearrange lessons at short notice.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required to be given to the instructor by the Pupil to cancel a lesson and should the Pupil fail to give such short notice the Pupil may be liable to pay the full tuition fee.
- A lesson is of one hour duration. If for any reason outside the Instructors control it is not possible to give a full hours instruction, then any lost time will be added to a later lesson. It is the responsibility of the Pupil to ensure that this is noted on the appointment card.
- The price paid for the driving test fee does not include the use of the car for the purpose of the test and any prior instruction. Therefore current rates will apply.
- All cheques must be made payable to the instructor and will only be accepted with a valid cheque guarantee card.
- Payment for each hour of instruction should be made prior to the lesson. The retail price for lessons taken after the free hour are £27.50 per hour for a manual car and £29.50 per hour for automatic. The total cost of “Pass Plus” – Minimum of 6 hours is £180.00. Bill Plant Driving School Ltd and its instructors reserve the right to change the hourly rate with reasonable prior notification to the Pupil.
- LEGAL LIABILITY
The pupil should be aware that the instructors primary objective is to promote road safety and in doing so, he/she may take control of the vehicle. The instructor will make every effort to instruct the Pupil to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors that the Pupil may make whilst driving and not accompanied by the instructor either before or after a test pass.
- The instructor will endeavour to teach the Pupil the correct driving skills according to the recommended syllabus issued by the DVSA within the minimum number of lessons required.
- Driving Tests may only be arranged with the prior agreement of both the instructor and the Pupil.
- Any complaints are to be dealt with in accordance with the ADI Code of Practice
- The instructor is at liberty at his/her absolute discretion to refuse to proceed with a lesson if he or she has reason to believe that the Pupil is in any way under the influence or drink or drugs at the time of the lesson
- The instructor will accept no liability for accidents, injury or damage to any third part caused by the Pupil’s recklessness or negligence during a lesson
- The instructor reserves the right to withold the use of his/her vehicle for a driving test.