Bill Plant Driving School is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- We only collect personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as when you use our contact form, make an enquiry over the phone, or submit information via the Total Drive App with an active Bill Plant Driving School instructor. This may include the following information: your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address & preferred transmission. This is to ensure we can provide the service in your preferred area and for instructors and trainers to be in touch to arrange lessons and/or training.
- We reserve the right to exchange your personal information with self-employed driving instructors or driving instructor trainers who are taking a franchise with Bill Plant Driving School and/or employed driving instructor trainers.
- For those using the Total Drive App to facilitate their lessons or training with a Bill Plant Driving School instructor or trainer, we reserve the right to review the appointments, payments, reflective logs, progress reports and communications made between both parties.
- We reserve the right to contact you using the information you have provided regarding our driving lesson offers, promotions and other related products.
- We reserve the right to contact you using the information you have provided to send you review invitations, which may be through partnered third party websites, about your experience using Bill Plant Driving School’s services.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
- When you provide us with any data, we’ll always make clear why we need it and will obtain your consent to use it. If you provide consent on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you have their authorisation to do so. We reserve the right to request confirmation to ensure and verify that you have that authorisation.
- We use “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Our marketing partners, such as AdRoll and Google, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Bill Plant Driving School. The techniques our partners employ does not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. This information is not stored nor sold to any parties outside of Bill Plant Driving School and is not used to identify you personally. It is only to better present information to our users.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- We retain your information for a period of 6 years. If you wish for your data to be removed or wish to withdraw consent before this time, please do this by emailing: [email protected]
- When you make payment for a service online or over the phone (Driving Instructor Training payment or payment to a driving instructor for driving lessons) personal details and credit or debit card information is private and secure. We are committed to providing this security for you. We use a card authorisation processor to ensure all the details given are safe and secure. We do not keep or hold any credit or debit card details and can provide on request the privacy policies of our payment providers.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email: [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- In the unlikely event that you believe your information has been misused. Please contact us immediately by emailing: [email protected] with the reason(s) you believe why. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise. We will in accordance with reporting procedures inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as required.
- We will ensure to keep you up to date and informed of any changes made to this policy. If you have any questions about privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at: [email protected]
Last updated: November 2022