With Practical Car Driving Tests due to restart in England from 22 July, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has sent us advice on slight changes to driving tests following COVID-19 lockdown.
All Bill Plant Driving School Instructors are aware of these changes and you should speak directly to your Instructor should you have any questions.
– Extra time will be made for each test; To allow the examiner to take all additional precautions extra time will be made for each test.
– Waiting rooms will remain closed until further notice; candidates will not be able to use the facilities at the test centre.
– Meeting and greeting will now take place in the car park. For DTCs without car parks, the meet and greet will take place at the usual parking area the candidates use.
– Candidates must wear a face covering, unless there are exceptional circumstances, which must have been pre-notified and agreed.
– Driving Instructor’s / accompanying drivers will not be able to accompany the test.
– The examiner must be satisfied the vehicle has been recently cleaned.
– Exception to conducting a test as normal; Where a candidate fails the test either by committing a serious or dangerous fault or by making 16 driving faults the candidate will immediately return back to the test centre and not carry out any additional test requirements.
Practical and theory tests in Scotland and Wales remain currently suspended – but you can apply for an emergency theory test if you’re a critical worker, for more information follow this link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-theory-tests-scotland-and-wales
Good luck and safe driving!