Pupil Prepayment – Terms and Condition
Pre-paying for driving lessons with Bill Plant Driving School Limited (‘BPDS’ or ‘the Company’)
BPDS offer pupils the ability to purchase driving lessons with an individual Bill Plant Driving Instructor (‘the Instructor’) via the Company’s website (billplant.co.uk) and Head Office Call Centre. Payments can be made using a credit card or debit card on the website (billplant.co.uk) or over the phone by calling 0330 555 225.
Please note, BPDS is not contracting with the pupil directly, but is simply facilitating payment for services to be provided to the pupil by the Instructor.
The payment facilitation process operates as follows:
- Payment made by pupil to BPDS;
- Funds are held in a ‘pupil’ bank account separate from BPDS daily banking activities;
- BPDS notifies the Instructor within 24 hours that a payment has been received;
- Pupils payment will be transferred to the Instructor within 3-5 working days.
A booking fee of £2.99 (including VAT) is payable in relation to any payment made on the website (billplant.co.uk) or via the Booking Team for any reason, including but not limited to driving lessons and gift vouchers. The fee is charged for making bookings on behalf of the pupil, for administering the funds in the separate ‘pupil’ bank account, and for transferring funds to the instructor.
The pupil should be aware that the Instructor is an independent legal entity, separate from BPDS. If a refund becomes due to the pupil, it is the responsibility of the pupil to secure the refund from the Instructor. BPDS takes no responsibility for any payments made by the pupil directly to the instructor, as these monies are not paid to BPDS. Similarly, any payment made to the Company will have been transferred to the Instructor, and the pupil would need to secure any refund in respect of these monies from the Instructor
Refunds for partial block bookings will be made pro rota on any lessons taken, by the Instructor. If for example, a block booking payment of 10 hours for £270 (discounted from the normal hourly rate of £30 per hour) is made directly to a BPDS instructor and after 2 hours, a refund is requested for the remaining 8 hours, then the student shall be reimbursed (8 hours x £27 per hour, less £6). The £6 figure reflects the discounted value received for purchasing a block booking, relative to the standard hourly rate for the number of lessons taken, based on the uncompleted block booking.
No refunds can be provided in relation to gift vouchers.
A pupil cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased.
If a dispute occurs in relation to driving lessons being provided by the Instructor, please contact BPDS immediately.
- The pupil agrees to our Standard Driving Lesson Terms & Conditions that can be found – https://www.billplant.co.uk/terms-conditions/driving-lessons/
- Pupils can pay the Instructor directly by whatever method is agreed with the Instructor.
- If you change to a new Instructor for whatever reason, please be aware that the price for your lessons may be different and you may need to make a supplementary payment to the new Instructor; it is the responsibility of the pupil to secure a refund of amounts due (if any) from the original instructor.