Ready to get on the road to success? To book your driving lessons either complete the form on this page for your local Bill Plant Driving School Instructor to contact you to arrange your first lesson or if you’d prefer to make a booking with a member of our Driving School Customer Services Team please give us a call directly on 0330 555 2254.
Getting behind the wheel for your first driving lesson might seem quite daunting, but do not worry – no-one is expecting you to drive off onto a busy road the first time you get behind the wheel:
– Your first lesson will begin with your instructor taking you to a quiet piece of road to help introduce you to the controls of the car (what all those levers, buttons, and flashing lights do!) plus why, when and how to use them. The aim of the initial lesson is to establish a foundation on which to build your learning experience.
– For your first driving lesson, it is important to bring your provisional driving license with you. Your Bill Plant Driving Instructor will ask you for this document, and will need to see it before he/she is legally allowed to give you any driving lessons.
– Your Driving Instructor must ensure that your eyesight is in line with minimum Driving Standards Agency eyesight standards and might ask you to read a nearby vehicle registration plate before the driving lesson can go any further to make this check. This means being able to read a vehicle number plate in clear daylight (with your corrective lenses if you wear them) from 20.5 meters away.
– Your car will be fitted with dual controls which means that the instructor has a set of pedals on their side of the car that they can use to take over or help you out if you are struggling. If it looks like you’ve lost control for a moment, they will be on hand to bring the car to a stop quickly and safely, and give you time to recover your poise!
– You will not be expected to be changing gears, steering perfectly and maneuvering roundabouts on your first go, but instead build up your driving ability so you can become a competent and safe road user. Your instructor will introduce the various controls of the car and concepts in easy to manage stages and over time, you will come to use all skills you have learned in tandem with each other.
The first lesson gives you a chance to get to know your instructor and set out a plan for your road to success. To enquire about driving lesson availabilities in your area or place a booking, give us a call on 0330 555 2254