Customer Services Agent
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive based upon experience
Job type: Full time
Bill Plant Driving School was established in 2001 and is the current holder of the Intelligent Instructor’s – National Driving School of the Year award. With its headquarters based in Ripon, North Yorkshire, Bill Plant Driving School has a network of hundreds of DVSA registered Driving Instructors offering driving lessons across England, Scotland and Wales in market-leading Volkswagen tuition vehicles.
Bill Plant Driving School is seeking to maintain and improve its offering to both its existing pupils and driving instructors by offering a consistently exceptional level of customer service, ensuring that every query is dealt with professionally and with great care to the customers’ needs. The Customer Service Agent reports directly to the Bookings & Customer Service Team Manager.
Bill Plant Driving School has seen a large increase in the number of students seeking to learn to drive and is therefore aiming to recruit an experienced full-time Customer Service Agent to meet the high levels of demand for our services nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and Promptly Respond to Customer Enquiries
Whether agents are contacted directly over the phone or via other channels, they must make an ongoing effort to respond to customers as quickly and professionally as possible. The agent must carefully process the customer’s questions and subsequently answer them by following a set protocol depending on both their initial query and following responses.
- Ensure All Enquiries are Effectively Addressed
By the end of the working day, the agent should take pride in ensuring that all customers who have made an enquiry the previous evening and throughout the day’s operating hours relating to an existing booking have been communicated with and processed effectively.
- Clearly Communicate Information to Customers
Agents must be able to quickly search for and obtain specific information requested by customers (e.g. pupil booking information, availability of new instructors, etc) using an internal CRM system and feed this back to them in both an accurate and timely manner.
- Forward Incoming Queries to Relevant Departments
Managing the main customer-facing inbox will mean they will receive enquiries relating to many different topics. Those not related to an existing pupil or instructor and not linked to one of the topics listed within this list must be forwarded on at the earliest convenience to the relevant department.
- Re-allocate & Refund Students
Under certain circumstances, students will need to be reassigned from one instructor to another or refunded. Agents are expected to carry out these processes with care for the customer’s requirements and with complete professionalism.
- Manage Instructors’ Pupil Verifications
All new bookings made directly with Bill Plant Driving School are prepaid from the student. The learner’s contact details are thereafter sent on to the instructors to arrange a suitable time and date. As instructors manage their own schedules, the funds for these lessons are sent to them via the Accounts Team only once the instructor has confirmed with the Customer Service Team that they have successfully booked in the student. This verification process requires agents to gather information relating to a student from their allocated instructor and then follow a set protocol depending on whether the instructor has successfully booked in the leaner.
- Gather and Respond to Online Reviews
Customer Service Agents should proactively seek verified reviews on independent review sites. Additionally, agents are expected to respond to all reviews, either positive or negative, relating to driving lessons on independent review sites (e.g. Trustpilot) and Bill Plant Driving School’s online listings (e.g. Google My Business).
- Open and Close Instructors’ Diaries
Instructors may contact Customer Service Agent’s to open or close their diaries. Agents must complete this process without fail and leave a note on the relevant account notifying the change in diary status and reason behind it if the instructor is closing their diary.
- Enhance Customer Service Solutions
Agents should formulate potential improvements regarding Customer Service processes through personal experience. This way, the Customer Service Agent can help actively improve Bill Plant Driving School’s process efficiencies relating to its existing customers.
Skills and Qualifications
Agents that are sought after for this role should ideally have experience working within a Customer Service environment and have several or all the following skills and qualifications:
- High professional standards and a level of proficiency when engaging with conflict resolution/problem solving – Agents should ensure high professional standards are always maintained, with the interests of conflict resolution put at the forefront of any issue. Agents work with the clear understanding that the role enables you to speak as a voice of the company and thus all communications must be dealt with the utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent communicators with a consistently positive attitude who are not easily frustrated – Successful agents enjoy directly communicating with and successfully resolving customers’ issues. Customers should be addressed in an upbeat and positive manner even when individuals prove difficult or ask complex questions.
- High levels of personal motivation to succeed – Even when experiencing a setback, the individual should always be determined to ensure every query is dealt with better than the last, while consciously aiming to deliver continuous high levels of Customer Service.
- Strong command of the English language and a high standard of English literacy – Both in terms of both spelling and grammar with a high adherence to detail.
- A reasonable degree of computer literacy – Easily able to operate a computer, proficient with email systems including Microsoft Outlook and a competent understanding of text chat etiquette.
- Strong team-working ability and self-discipline – Team members should proactively and constructively work alongside members of their team, while respecting the authority of their direct line manager.
- Strong organisation skills and multi-tasking abilities – Keep track of the progress of multiple enquiries, while simultaneously progressing each of them to their respective conclusions based on set protocols.
To apply please email email@example.com with a covering letter, your salary requirements and CV.