Winter driving can cause even the most accomplished driver to have a slip. Bill Plant Driving School prides itself on the quality of our instructors and their focus on safe driving. We’ve therefore compiled our top 5 tips for driving in the winter weather to help you drive as safely and confidently as possible in cold and icy conditions!
- Allow extra time for your journey
- Use dipped headlights in poor visibility (don’t forget to turn off when no longer needed)
- Make sure all windows are clear of snow and ice on the outside and de-misted on the inside (use air-con)
- Check your screen wash and top up as needed with winter additive
- Ensure your tyres are in good condition and inflated to the recommended pressure