Why choose driving instructor training with Bill Plant?
Are you looking for a career change? Want to be your own boss, choosing your own hours and have use of a fully maintained car? We can help you meet your goals.
Once qualified you will receive all of the following:
• Realistic earnings of around £500 per week
• Full office Support
• CPD – Advanced driving, fleet, ORDIT, First-Aid
• A brand new dual controlled Audi A3(TDI SE 5 door) - fully maintained, insured, and renewed annually
• Dedicated booking team for customers
• Committed Instructor support team
• Free personalized marketing materials
• Unlimited pupil supply with no finder fees
• Flexible working hours
Why choose Bill Plant for your driving instructor training?
The Bill Plant Driving School is a family run business that was established in 1993 and operated at first just by Mr Plant. It quickly found itself rising to the top of its field, and in a very short space of time it has outgrown many of its competitors to become one of the largest driving schools in the UK.
'I made enquires to AA, BSM and RED but after 15 years in the Army, I like
plain speaking with no waffle. Bill Plant were the only company who would
give it to me straight. I am more than happy with my decision and my trainer
Graham is just fantastic'
Thomas Aitken - Bill Plant Trainee
'I cannot tell you how delighted I am with the training I have received from Bill Plant. From start to finish it only took 7 weeks and passing my Part 3 with a mark of 6 5, is testimony to the skills of my trainer Ken Smith'
Geoff Pratt - Bill Plant Trainee
'I trained with the Bill Plant Instructor Sean Davis and I found his lessons well structured. I am very impressed overall with the training received. I am looking forward to a career with Bill Plant and I am pleased I chose this company over it’s other mainstream competitors as it offered the best package. I took my first test on the 4th January 2014 and qualified on the 24th March 2014 after passing all my tests first time. I have now started a franchise with Bill Plant Ltd within 2 weeks of gaining my badge.'
Iain Jowett - Bill Plant Instructor
When you decide to train with us you become part of the Bill Plant family. We work with you to help achieve your goals, we nurture and encourage, imparting confidence and knowledge to maximize your own potential.
Our Driving instructor training includes:
• All relevant books and learning resources to assist in your training.
• Training with an experienced and fully qualified ORDIT instructor
• 55 hours of 1 to 1 tuition with your own personal trainer
• Flexible payment options
• trainers offering flexible training at times that suit you
And in addition:
• Bill Plant is a member of the ORDIT register
• You are offered a guaranteed franchise upon qualifying
Above: Marianna collecting her car from MD Bill Plant, after completing her training course and qualifying as an ADI.
How will you train with Bill Plant?
A driving instructor is not just a job, it is a vocation that offers years of extraordinary job satisfaction, alongside the chance to meet new people on a daily basis, and help change and improve their lives.
In order to train you must:
• Have had a full UK license for at least 4 years
• Have no more than 5 points on your license
• Not been banned from driving within the last 4 years
• Be a ‘fit and proper’ person (in the opinion of DSA)
• You must pass a DBS (Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service) check - Formally known as a CRB Check.
The training course has 3 parts and you need to pass 3 tests in order to become a fully qualified and Approved Driving Instructor.
Part 1 – ADI Theory Test
This test is made up of 2 sections: Multiple choice and Hazard perception. You need to pass both sections before you can move onto Part 2.
We provide you with all of the materials to help your studies, along with 3 hours 1 to 1 mentoring with your own personal trainer to help with your studies.
Part 2 – ADI Driving Test
This is very similar to the current driving test for learners, but slightly longer and more robust. You need to pass part 2 before you can move onto part 3.
Your personal trainer will assess your current driving skills in order to tailor a detailed program of training to help you pass. You will receive at least 12 hours of 1 to 1 in-car training.
Part 3 – ADI Instructional Ability Test
2 half-hour driving lessons on subjects chosen by your examiner - he will play the role of a learner driver and assess your ability to teach by asking questions and making mistakes. You will receive a grade in this test – only grades 4 (adequate), 5 (good) or 6 (excellent) will result in official recognition of ADI.
Your personal trainer will act as the role of examiner and give you experience of different roles and teaching subjects. Each session is planned with lesson aims and constructive feedback. You will receive 40 hours of 1 to 1 in-car training to help you pass.