Instructor Support Relationship Manager
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive based upon experience
Job type: Full time (Monday to Friday, 9:00-18:00)
Bill Plant Driving School was established in 2001 and is the winner of the Intelligent Instructor’s 2019 – 2020 National Driving School of the Year award. With its headquarters based in Ripon, North Yorkshire, Bill Plant Driving School has a network of hundreds of DVSA registered Driving Instructors offering driving lessons across England, Scotland and Wales in market-leading Volkswagen tuition vehicles.
Bill Plant Driving School is seeking to maintain and improve its offering to its driving instructors by expanding its Instructor Support Team, consisting of dedicated Relationship Managers, to ensure its instructors are fully supported with professional guidance, are retained, and feel continuously valued as franchisees.
Bill Plant Driving School has seen a large increase in the number of new driving instructors coming into the industry and signing up as PDI’s and is therefore aiming to recruit an experienced full-time Instructor Support Relationship Manager to meet the high levels of demand for our services nationwide.
Instructor Support Relationship Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Address Instructors’ queries and requirements
Instructors’ needs are addressed through regular phone and email communications to ensure they receive the required support on all issues relating to their franchise. This includes: pupil supply, payments, stationary, extra training and guidance on other business operations linked to their franchise. Resolutions to flagged issues are either discussed in a weekly RM meeting or addressed on an ad hoc basis depending on the nature of the query. Solutions are communicated back to Instructors both promptly and professionally.
- Build and maintain both friendly and professional relationships with instructors.
Instructor Support Relationship Managers should set out to develop a highly personable approach to managing their instructors, with an overwhelming focus on their personal wellbeing and their long term retention within the company. The primary duty of the Instructor Support Team is to ensure all instructors are able to run successful businesses.
- Record and Update Instructors’ Account Management Data and ensure Information is kept up to date
Instructor Support Relationship Managers are responsible for ensuring all the key pieces of information for their instructors are kept up to date, including their lesson pricing, covered postcodes, personal contact details, address details, DVSA registration information, current mileage and other details linked to their franchise. Records of conversations taken place should be recorded on a CRM platform alongside these pieces of data.
- Processing New Starters and Inductions
Instructor Support Relationship Managers take an active role in facilitating the processing of all new starters with Bill Plant Driving School. This includes, but is not limited to: obtaining personal information required to begin their franchise, sending out relevant documentation prior to starting their franchise and coordinating the business induction course on a weekly basis alongside the Head of Instructor support and PDI Sales Manager.
- Assisting and Directing Pupil Marketing Requirements
Instructor Support Relationship Managers work proactively alongside the marketing team to establish the key areas required for pupil acquisition. Pupil supply should be activity monitored and any discrepancies raised with the marketing function at the earliest convenience.
- Work constructively alongside other departments
Instructor Support Relationship Managers are the central contact point of contact for Bill Plant Driving School’s driving instructors and as such it is vital to develop a comprehensive understanding of the roles of other departments. With the majority of instructors joining as trainees (PDI’s), collaboration with the Training Support, Training Department and Training Sales Team is vital. This is hugely important to ensure PDI’s pass their Part 3 Exam (to qualify as an ADI, Approved Driving Instructor). Close cooperation with the Accounts Team is required to manage franchisees payments and the Car Department to ensure effective support is offered when issues arise with tuition vehicles.
Instructor Support Relationship Manager Skills and Qualifications
Applicants that are sought after for this role should ideally have experience working within a customer service environment and have several or all the following skills and qualifications:
- High professional standards and a level of proficiency when engaging with prospective customers – Applicants should ensure high professional standards are always maintained, with the interests of building positive and professional relationships with franchisees. Applicants work with the clear understanding that the role enables you to speak as a voice of the company and thus all communications must be dealt with the utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent communicators with a consistently positive attitude who are not easily frustrated – Successful applicants enjoy directly communicating with instructors. Driving Instructors should be addressed in an upbeat and positive manner even when individuals prove difficult or ask complex questions.
- High levels of personal motivation to succeed – Even when experiencing a setback, the individual should always be determined to ensure every call is dealt with better than the last.
- Strong command of the English language and a high standard of English literacy – Both in terms of both spelling and grammar with a high adherence to detail.
- A reasonable degree of computer literacy – Easily able to operate a computer, proficient with email systems including Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong team-working ability and self-discipline – Team members should proactively and constructively work alongside members of their team, while respecting the authority of their direct line manager.
- Strong organisation skills and multi-tasking abilities – Maintaining efficient pipelining and account management task setting alongside processing new starters and managing instructor queries.
To apply please email [email protected] with a covering letter, your salary requirements and CV.