Fleet Officer (Part-time)
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Job type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
The primary role of the Fleet Officer is to ensure that all fleet vehicles are available and maintained whilst on site at Bill Plant Driving School Head Office. Key aspects of this role include supporting the Head of Fleet in maximising fleet utilisation, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction from franchisees, maintaining quality control around the condition of vehicles and having overall responsibility for the storage and maintenance of all vehicles whilst retained at head office, taking a lead role on vehicle changeovers with franchisees. The Fleet Officer reports to the Head of Fleet.
Bill Plant Driving School:
Bill Plant Driving School is one of the UK’s largest Driving Schools and providers for expert Driving Instructor Training nationwide. We train hundreds of new instructors each year to educate the next wave of learner drivers. With our headquarters based in Ripon, North Yorkshire, Bill Plant Driving School has a network of hundreds of DVSA registered Driving Instructors offering driving lessons across England, Scotland and Wales in market-leading Volkswagen tuition vehicles.
Fleet Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all vehicle changeovers with franchisees are performed on time in a professional manner, and an excellent level of customer service given to franchisees whilst on site
- Ensuring vehicles being issued to new starters have all promotional items ready (topbox, flyers, corporate wear)
- Leading the receipt of new vehicle deliveries and old vehicle collections – ensuring vehicles are prepared, clean, fuelled and in the condition required of each lease contract
- Assisting (where required) in the delivery and/or collection of vehicles from local bodyshops and franchisees
- Supporting the inspection of vehicles and documenting any damage – obtaining sign off from franchisees to ensure the recovery of costs can be maximised – including familiarisation with new vehicle to ensure instructor confident in their ability to teach pupils in that vehicle, and awareness on how to properly maintain the vehicle.
- Ensuring suitable vehicles are available to franchisees as scheduled whilst minimising downtime.
Fleet Officer Skills and Qualifications
|Skills||Good communication skills Able to work on own initiative Effective planning and ability to prioritise.|
|Experience||Customer service experience||Basic mechanical knowledge|
|Qualifications||Maths and English GCSE or equivalent Full and clean Driving Licence||Five GCSE passes|
|Personal attributes||Calm and patient personality, able to work well under pressure and remain calm in the face of adversity. Ability to build quick rapport in person Able to think on your feet and react appropriately to a wide range of issues. A flexible team member. Aptitude for proactive identification of business and service improvement opportunities.|
To apply please email email@example.com with a covering letter, your salary requirements and CV.