Bookings & Customer Service Team Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive based upon experience
Job type: Full time (Monday to Friday, 8:00-18:00) – 9-month contract
Deadline: 1st November 2021
This role requires an experienced manager with a proven ability to manage sales agents to consistently achieve high performance levels. Bookings Agents report directly to the Bookings Team Manager, who in turn reports directly to the Operations Director. This is an excellent opportunity for an intelligent and organised individual looking for a role in a dynamic organisation. While this position is in place for 9 months – to cover the maternity period for an existing member of staff – should the candidate prove adept at this role, further employment opportunities may become available.
Bill Plant Driving School
Bill Plant Driving School was established in 2001 and is the current holder of the Intelligent Instructor’s – National Driving School of the Year award. With its headquarters based in Ripon, North Yorkshire, Bill Plant Driving School has a network of hundreds of DVSA registered Driving Instructors offering driving lessons across England, Scotland and Wales in market-leading Volkswagen tuition vehicles.
Bill Plant Driving School has recently changed its business model to a prepayment system for its driving lessons. In doing so, its original Pupil Bookings Team has now been split into two departments. The Bookings Team operates as a sales-focused department, whose goal is to maximise the number of new prepaid pupils generated for its Driving Instructors. The Customer Services Team manages existing pupils through their driving lesson journey, ensuring that a high level of professional service is offered to all our students looking to pass their driving test.
This multidisciplined role requires an experienced manager with a proven ability to manage sales agents to consistently achieve high performance levels and customer service agents to offer a first-class level of customer service. Bookings Agents, Customer Service Agents and Live Chat & Social Media Agents report directly to the Bookings & Customer Service Team Manager, who in turn reports directly to the Franchise Development Manager.
Bill Plant Driving School has seen a large increase in the number of students seeking to learn to drive and is therefore aiming to recruit an experienced full-time Bookings & Customer Service Team Manager to meet the high levels of demand for our services nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily performance and rota for the Bookings Team, alongside their own daily performance on the phones, potentially covering multiple days per week.
- Hire, train, prepare and motivate team members to provide excellent levels of service.
- Set objectives and analyse Call Centre contact metrics to ensure that both the company and staff meet KPIs.
- Ensure staff members meet a minimum goal/service level and take corrective action if necessary.
- Prepare reports and analyse data to ensure performance standards are maintained and growth is consistently achieved.
- Maintain high personal standards, with an observant and detail-oriented approach, ensuring every customer is dealt with professionally.
- Work constructively alongside the Operations Director to identify and implement staff and process efficiencies to ensure the success of the department.
Skills and Qualifications
The desired candidate should have experience managing both Sales and Customer Service Teams and have several or all the following skills and qualifications:
- High achieving, ambitious and results focused
- Excellent professional standards and integrity
- Strong understanding of data analysis and sales pipelining
- Outstanding organisation and superb analytical and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience preparing KPI reports
- Self-motivated to ensure high individual and team performance levels
- Excellent communicators with a consistently positive attitude
- High levels of personal motivation to succeed
- Strong command of the English language and a high standard of English literacy
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Good team-working ability and self-discipline
To apply please email email@example.com with a covering letter, your salary requirements and CV.