Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive based upon experience
Job type: Full time & Part Time
Bill Plant Driving School was established in 2001 and is the current holder of the Intelligent Instructor’s – National Driving School of the Year award. With its headquarters based in Ripon, North Yorkshire, Bill Plant Driving School has a network of hundreds of DVSA registered Driving Instructors offering driving lessons across England, Scotland and Wales in market-leading Volkswagen tuition vehicles.
Bill Plant Driving School is seeking to maintain and improve its offering to its driving instructors by creating a specialised Bookings Team with the single focus of maximising the number of prepaid students it provides its instructors, based on the conversion of its driving lesson enquiries.
Bill Plant Driving School has seen a large increase in the number of students seeking to learn to drive and is therefore aiming to recruit an experienced full-time Bookings Agent to meet the high levels of demand for our services nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and Promptly Respond to Customer Enquiries
Whether agents are contacted directly over the phone or via other channels, or working on inbound or outbound calls, they must make an ongoing effort to respond to customers as quickly and professionally as possible. The agent must carefully process the customer’s questions and subsequently answer them by following a set protocol depending on both their initial query and following responses.
- Clearly Communicate Information to Customers
Agents are to process all incoming leads to check whether the details provided by the customer match the availability of an existing instructor. For website enquiries, this process is automatically completed. Agents must then be able to quickly search for and obtain specific information requested by customers (e.g. availability of instructors, prices etc) using an internal CRM system and feed this back to them in both an accurate and timely manner.
- Process Leads from Initial Enquiry to Confirmed Pre-Payment
Bookings Agents must thereafter take a sales-oriented approach to manage all serviceable enquiries to deliver prepaid customers. All relevant processes must be completed with speed, accuracy and with professionalism. (i.e. checking availability, communicating this availability and/or pricing back to the customer, taking the pupils’ payment over the phone via online payment gateways, adding all the relevant booking information to the CRM and finally allocating the student to an instructor).
- Manage Online Payments
Any payments taken online must also be dealt with in line with the processes listed above
- Ensure All Enquiries are Effectively Addressed
By the end of the working day, the agent should take pride in ensuring that all customers who have made an enquiry the previous evening and throughout the day’s operating hours relating to a new booking have been communicated with and processed effectively.
- Forward Incoming Queries to Relevant Departments
Any communications not relating to a new student looking to book a driving lesson must be forwarded on at the earliest convenience to the relevant department.
Skills and Qualifications
Agents that are sought after for this role should ideally have experience working within a Sales environment and have several or all the following skills and qualifications:
- High professional standards and a level of proficiency when engaging with prospective customers – Agents should ensure high professional standards are always maintained, with the interests of generating new prepaid students put at the forefront of any conversation. Agents work with the clear understanding that the role enables you to speak as a voice of the company and thus all communications must be dealt with the utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent communicators with a consistently positive attitude who are not easily frustrated – Successful agents enjoy directly communicating with customers. Customers should be addressed in an upbeat and positive manner even when individuals prove difficult or ask complex questions.
- High levels of personal motivation to succeed – Even when experiencing a setback, the individual should always be determined to ensure every call is dealt with better than the last. Agents should consciously aim to hit established sales volume KPI’s and raise the bar.
- Strong command of the English language and a high standard of English literacy – Both in terms of both spelling and grammar with a high adherence to detail.
- A reasonable degree of computer literacy – Easily able to operate a computer, proficient with email systems including Microsoft Outlook and a competent understanding of text chat etiquette.
- Strong team-working ability and self-discipline – Team members should proactively and constructively work alongside members of their team, while respecting the authority of their direct line manager.
- Strong organisation skills and multi-tasking abilities – Keep track of the progress of multiple enquiries through efficient pipelining, while simultaneously progressing each of them to their respective conclusions based on set protocols.
To apply please email career[email protected] with a covering letter, your salary requirements and CV.